A hiking adventure represents a recreational and relaxation idea for those who want to explore Podbočje and its winegrowing area.
The path leads through lovely villages, such as Gazice, Šutna, Hrastek, Brlog, Brezje and Planina, where you can admire mighty views to all cardinal directions on both sides of the Slovene-Croatian border.
The tour combines the splendours of the valleys of the rivers Krka and Sava, the Krško polje plain and the Krakovski gozd forest. When the weather is especially nice, your eyes can behold the peaks of Triglav.
– Assembly point in Libna – presentation of the archaeological site, visit to the Church of St. Margaret (30 minutes)
– Bus ride to Drnovo pri Krškem – tour of the remains of the Roman city and the port on the river Sava Neviodunum (duration 30 minutes)
– Bus ride to Podbočje – visit to the triple stone bridge, the parish church of St. Cross, the square of Podbočje with a lion, the archaeological site Stari Grad and the Levak cave (duration: 90 minutes)
– Possibility of viewing old crafts (blacksmithing, basket weaving, embroidery), visit to the Hribar fish farm and Goričar fish farm
– The hiking tour “Pot na Planino” that passes vineyards and vineyard cottages where a wonderful viewpoint awaits you on the top of Planina (duration of the hike 3 hours)
– Possibility of a tasting at the Jarkovič Winery
Tourist information center Krško
Cesta krških žrtev 46
T: ++386 7 490 22 20