The Krško Gallery is housed in the former Holy Spirit Church (1777) located in the immediate vicinity of the City Museum of Krško.
The Krško Gallery (Galerija Krško) is housed in the former Holy Spirit Church (1777) located in the immediate vicinity of the City Museum of Krško. The Auersperg noble family had the current building erected on the site of the old spital church of the Holy Spirit. A couple of years before the Second World War, the church was secularised and the City Museum of Krško began using the site in 1939.
Since 1966, it has housed the Krško Gallery, which in turn has been a unit of the Krško Cultural Centre since 2010. It is an exceptional exhibition venue distinguished by its late-Baroque architecture. Despite its current secular nature, it preserves the elements reminiscing of the structure’s original purpose. The exhibition venue is intended for temporary fine arts exhibitions created specifically for this space.