Roast krškopoljski pork shank
Medium-sized shank of krškopoljski pork
Thyme and other herbs to taste
1. The day before, score the skin of the shank in a crosshatch pattern, rub in it the herbs, salt and pepper.
2. Dab it with pork fat and let it rest overnight in a cool place.
3. Place the shank in the baking tray, add water and pork fat.
4. Roast for at least an hour at 180 degrees Celsius, baste with its own juices several times.
5. The pork shank will be done when the fat is all rendered and its skin crispy.